Kenai Peninsula Borough AK Information
Kenai Peninsula Borough AK Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||61,211 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||59,557 (97.3%) |
|Population in Families ||46,617 (76.2%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,654 ( 2.7%) |
|Population Density ||4 |
|Diversity Index2 ||37 |
|Median Household Income ||$64,221 |
|Average Household Income ||$87,649 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$35,924 |
|Wealth Index5 || 95 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||34,161 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||17,258 (50.5%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||7,684 (22.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||9,219 (27.0%) |
|Median Home Value ||$241,349 |
|Average Home Value ||$276,392 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||154 |
|Total Households ||24,942 |
|Average Household Size ||2.39 |
|Family Households ||15,726 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.98% ||0.6% |
|Households ||1.16% ||0.71% |
|Families ||0.97% ||0.58% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.62% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.76% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.87% |
Kenai Peninsula Borough AK - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Kenai Peninsula Borough to the other 29 boroughs / census areas (ca) and borough equivalents in Alaska by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 4 ||90th |
|Population Density ||# 5 ||86th |
|Median Household Income ||# 15 ||52nd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 10 ||34th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 11 ||66th |
|Diversity Index ||# 24 ||21st |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Alaska Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Alaska Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Alaska COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.