Nakolkavik (historical) is a populated place feature (populated place) in Bethel (CA) Borough.
Sorry, no local resorces for this location!
|Feature Name:||Nakolkavik (historical)|
|Category:||Alaska physical, cultural and historic features|
|Feature Type:||Populated Place|
|Description:||on left bank of Kuskokwim River near its mouth, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.|
|History:||Former Eskimo village, recorded as "Naghaikhlavigamute" in 1878 by E. W. Nelson, U.S. Signal Service, and on an 1880 map by Ivan Petroff, who also reported "Naghikhlavigamute" with a population of 193 in his text. In 1898 the spelling "Nacholchavigamut" was obtained from a Moravian missionary, J. H. Kilbuck, by J. E. Spurr and W. S. Post, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).|
|Borough:||Bethel (CA) Borough|
(8.2 miles WNW)
(15.4 miles ESE)
(< 0.1 mile)
(9.3 miles SE)