Ikatlek (historical) is a populated place feature (populated place) in Yukon-Koyukuk (CA) Borough.
Sorry, no local resorces for this location!
|Feature Name:||Ikatlek (historical)|
|Category:||Alaska physical, cultural and historic features|
|Feature Type:||Populated Place|
|Description:||on the right bank of Yukon River between Paimiut and Ingregamiut, Nulato Hills.|
|History:||The exact location of this village, which E. W. Nelson, U. S. Signal Service, passed through in 1879, is not known, undoubtedly now but an abandoned site. Nelson spelled it "Ikatlegomute," "people of Ikatlek," and places it on his map between "Paimute" and Pogoreshapka (Bellkat). The 1880 Census refers to a "single house" in this location, with a population of nine.|
|Borough:||Yukon-Koyukuk (CA) Borough|
(5.5 miles E)
Tuckers, AK (17.3 miles W)
(19 miles WNW)