Kaguyak (historical) is a populated place feature (populated place) in Kodiak Island Borough.
|Feature Name:||Kaguyak (historical)|
|Category:||Alaska physical, cultural and historic features|
|Feature Type:||Populated Place|
|Description:||site of village on NE coast of Alaska Peninsula, in Katmai National Monument, 3.5 mi. N of Cape Chiniak, 44 mi. NE of Mount Katmai; Aleutian Range|
|History:||name published in 1884 by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) on Chart 960. abandoned settlement was called "Kaiayakak" by Captain Lutke (1836, p. 275), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), and "Seleniye Kayayak," "Kayayak Village," by Tebenkov (1852, map 22). Census Bureau called it "Douglass, after Cape Douglas" (sic) (Baker, 1906, p. 341).|
|Borough:||Kodiak Island Borough|
NOTE: This map shows the HISTORICAL LOCATION of a feature that is no longer visible!
|Aievak, AK (2.7 miles W)|